Saturday, July 07, 2012

Art to Donate

I was invited to submit a narrative artwork to Lily Oncology on Canvas 2012 Gallery and contest. The deadline was June 29th. I got my piece finished just in the nick of time. It took me at least 30 days to come up with a idea.
I have never done a narrative artwork before and it was somewhat of a challenge. I can tell you I have had plenty of emotions about the diagnoses but not so many images.
I searched the internet high and low for images to help me explain how it feels to be diagnosed with cancer.
I talked to cancer patients also.
The reason I put so much into it was because winning this contest will allow me to give back to the hospital that has so freely given to me.
Cancer Treatment Center of America.
The winner will win $10,000.00 dollars. The artworks of the artists will become a part of the traveling Lily Oncology on Canvas Art Gallery and be viewed by people wherever they travel to, maybe you will see them at your hospital some day. Come join me on facebook!!

This is my submission including the narrative I signed it here but the rules didn't allow for it to be signed anywhere
Click here to see the 2010 Lily Oncology on Canvas Art Gallery

0 comments: